- Sift together : 4 cups flour, 1 tsp. salt, 6 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar. Rub in: 1/2 cup soft butter, till mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- Beat together: 2 eggs and 3/4 cup milk. Add to dry ingredients. Mix as well as possible. Mixture will still be very lumpy.
- Dump mixture on large (17x12x1”) cookie sheet and press in.
- Spread a layer of peeled, sliced peaches on top.
- Crumb topping: mix together 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup soft butter with fork till crumbly. Beat one egg and add to mixture.
- Sprinkle crumbled mixture over top.
- Bake @ 375’F for 20 minutes+, till golden. Do not over bake, or it will be dry.
Excellent served warm. Best served fresh the day it’s made.