What You'll Need
- 6 cups peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 ¼ c. chopped red onion
- 4 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (wear rubber gloves when handling)
- OR ½ small can sliced jalapeno peppers, pureed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ½ c. loosely packed, finely chopped cilantro or coriander
- ½ c. white vinegar
- 2 Tb sp. liquid honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Fill canner with water. Place 7 (or 8 depending on your canner) clean half-pint mason jars in canner, over high heat.
- Prepare peaches. Boil snap lids 5 minutes, to soften sealing compound.
- Combine peaches, onion, peppers, cilantro vinegar, honey, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper in large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Boil gently, stir frequently, 5 minutes.
- Fill jars. Apply lids. Process in canner for 10 minutes.